Friday, May 20, 2011

The End of My Seminary Career

So the reason it has been a while between posts here is because we have been busy with finishing up coursework at DTS, graduating, and looking for a job. And while the first two tasks have been successful, the third is still a work in progress. So, we have a lot to look forward to as God reveals His future for us. We'd appreciate your prayers.

As I reflect back on our time here, there are many lessons I have learned at DTS. Here are three:

1. God is faithful. He has come through for us time and time again, and we have seen Him come through for countless others. If you ever want to test your faith, enroll in seminary. You will not be disappointed.

2. God works through His people. The money and encouragement God gave us did not fall out of the sky (except that one time). He used people to provide for us each time. Our time at DTS will be marked by a string of faces and friends who prayed, listened to God, and responded to the stirring of His Spirit. I would encourage you to be listening, too. You'll never know what blessings God desires to give to you or through you if you don't seek Him and His will.

3. And finally, simple apposition requires that both nouns be in the same case, while the genitive of apposition requires only the second noun to be in the genitive case. Hey, I never said that everything I learned was inspiring and important.

No comments: