Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Headed home

One thing I haven't blogged much about on our Australian leg of the trip is our family reunion of sorts. We're here in large part to connect with a nephew/cousin (on Anne's mother's side). We've had a great time visiting with Billie and Celia, and they have been incredible hosts to us.

Each evening we've ended our days with home cooked dinners and we've listened to tales of the old country (Scotland).

Tonight was cod pie and prawns:



And I thought I'd share my favorite (true?) story:

There was a crotchety old hunchback in Glasgow, who died. At his wake, he was of course on display in the front room. Everyone was drinking and mumbling bad things about him. Suddenly, the straps they had used to tie him flat in his casket snapped, and the force of his hunch caused him to sit up. The room cleared in a flash.

We leave here at 7am to drive to Sydney and begin the long flight home...

No comments: