Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Christmas Tree


We wanted to post a picture of our little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. Kris and I have agreed not to buy any gifts this year so we could not justify spending money on a tree. So I got this crazy idea and it was confirmed by a display I saw in McKinney this past weekend. We found this branch in my cousin's yard. I must say, when I brought it home, Calla had serious doubts. But Hannah and I worked hard and by the time we were done Calla said "Hey! It does look like a Christmas tree!" I learned recently that Martin Luther began the Christmas tree tradition to point up to heaven. So we are actually ahead of the game because all of our branches point up...not just the tip of it! Truly...it is a reminder to us this Holy day that it is not about how many things we accumulate or fancy decor but about how God provided for us Immanuel and how simply, without pomp and circumstance, He came to save us all.

No comments: