Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 2-Genesis 12:3

In today's passage, we'll take a look at the next major step in determining the identity of the promised redeemer. In Day 1, we saw that God's plan for redemption would come from the "seed of a woman." Now, in Genesis 12, we narrow the focus down to the offspring of one particular person: Abraham.



In Genesis 12, God makes a promise to Abraham that he will become the father of many nations. In verse 3, God says, "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." It is this last phrase that is important to us today.



Suddenly, the focus is narrowed from the offspring of any woman to the specific offspring that will come from Abraham. And the rest of Genesis traces the family of Abraham, following the line of that One who will bless every nation on earth with God's redeeming love.



Tomorrow, we'll take a look at what Jesus himself says about Abraham...

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I love what you're doing on the blog- what a GREAT idea! I'll check in everyday.

Please tell Elliott Zach thinks Wall-E is pretty funny too! ;)

Miss you all! (How is Calla old enough to know what math IS, much less it be her favorite subject?? Aggghh!! Time is just slipping away too fast....)