As you might recall, I have a job cleaning swimming pools (see http://harrisongang.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-new-job.html). As I was working recently, I saw three ladies coming out of the house next to the one I was at. I noticed they were carrying copies of "The Watchtower," which clued me in to the fact that they were Jehovah's Witnesses. They had to walk past me to get to the next house, and I thought to myself, "This will be a great opportunity." As I was hastily sifting through my brain to recall a few verses that are opposed to their deeply flawed doctrine (see http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness3.htm), I was just standing there, smiling, waiting for them to say something to me.
And they just kept walking. I was stunned. And frankly, offended. Am I not good enough to save? Or at least try to save? They just kept walking on by with hardly a glance!
And after I got over my own sense of self, and how shocked I was that they would ignore me, I realized what an oportunity I had missed. In waiting for them to make the first move, I had failed to tell them about the most important thing they could ever hear.
I think the point of the story is clear: there are countless people we meet each day, maybe not as obviously deceived as these ladies, but nonetheless deceived. Let's not miss any more opportunities to share the love and hope of the gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment