This past weekend, our pastor presented a message all about baptism. it was a good, straightforward message answering all the common questions:
What does baptism really mean? Dunking or sprinking? Do I have to be baptized to go to heaven? If you are curious, I'd encourage you to watch the sermon online here:
http://www.chaseoaks.org/whats-happening/sermon-series/
At the end of the message, the pastor put out an open call for anyone who wanted to be baptized to come to the front and do it. So, we ended up baptizing about 170 people this weekend. I got to do about a third of those people, and there were some amazing stories. Young people and adults of all ages made a huge step of obedience. It was very humbling experience that God allowed me to be a part of these people's spiritual journey. I can't wait to see what God has in store for the future of our church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Kris! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Isn't is amazing to be an open vessel - ready and available to God?
We continue to uphold you all in prayer.
Martin and Fiona
Post a Comment