Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hanging with Mercy Me



So this past weekend I had a rare privelige. My brother-in-law is the head of a men's ministry called "Conquering Heroes." (http://www.conqueringheroes.org/) He organized a men's conference in Alabama, and asked me to attend. As part of the conference, Mercy Me, a well known band in Christian circles, performed a concert Friday night. As I was there all day Friday with no other responsibilities, I got to spend the day hanging out with Mercy Me as they set up for the concert. We swapped stories, shared a meal, and collectively pondered what might be in "Chick-fil-A sauce." All in all, they were a bunch of down to earth, very nice guys who put on one heck of a concert.
As a random side note, later that same weekend, back in Dallas, we spotted one of the actors from "Hannah Montana" eating in the Northpark Mall Food Court. I guess he's pretty down to earth as well...

No comments: